Friday, June 1, 2012

Free Stuff - Community Light & Sound midrange horns...



I just cannot stand putting stuff like this on the curb.  These radial mid horns are very well constructed... fiberglass with a big wood stiffener/brace in the middle... condition is pretty good... if you want to polish them up, sure they would appreciate it.. it is black gel coat.. it should shine with the proper elbow grease... 

to me, these always sounded better than their Altec equivalents... especially for near-field HiFi..  I used to run the BRH-90, which is an Altec 311-90 near equivalent... I think I used 288's, RCA phenolics, and JBL phenolics with them.. memory is fading...

these are a bit smaller... but larger than Altec 511's... they are about 20" deep and with the flanges about 30" wide... they have screw throats... 1 3/8", 18 tpi... no, I have not tried a WE555 on them.. sheesh....

anyway... free pair... you have to pay shipping... or come pick them up...






Peace,
Me

5 comments:

  1. I would love to get this pair of horns....exactly what I´m looking for!
    How can I contact you?

    best wishes
    dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow.. I guess dave and I need to add a contact button... sorry about that..

      experiencemusic at hotmail dot com

      glad these will work for you!

      Peace,
      Me

      Delete
  2. I would like to take these off your hands, just tell me how

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to update this post... genuinely sorry... they are gone... sorry...

      Delete
  3. How do these compare to a Goto horn, or an Avantgarde Trio, focusing on the mids?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive