Wednesday, June 13, 2012

X-mas surrounds.

This box from a fellow junkie showed up on my doorstep last week and it took a double-take to figure out what it was.

Once I saw the 34 pound shipping weight I knew the box was pilfered from the attic to keep the postal thieves away from the unobtanium cargo inside.


While they aren't 555's or S2's, they have one far more interesting feature that must be added to the research database.


I'll play some PJ Harvey and paraphrase paul harvey to let the pictures tell the rest of the story.





5 comments:

  1. Would be interested in learning more about these. Do you have any documentation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post more information about these drivers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are reported to sound better than Vitavox S2.
    http://www.triodefestival.net/index.php?page=etf-2010-shootout

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple pairs of these, and was using them in 650Hz tractrix horns. Need more dispersion these days, though, so I'm thinking about trying some 90 degree waveguides or some Arai-type horns for the 1.375" throat. I did really like their sound within their range, but they absolutely need another driver above them - frequency drops off a cliff at about 12k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must remove those foam plugs under the diaphragm wires for best sound.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive